CMSC 110 Introduction to Computing¶
Due before start of class on Monday, February 2, 2015
NO CREDIT FOR LATE SUBMISSIONS¶
First, do all the assigned readings and tutorials assigned in class.
Design and create your own sketch using Processing. Think of yourself as a creative designer when chosing the topic of your design. This is your very first sketch, so here are some guidelines:
- Make sure that the canvas is exactly 500 pixels by 500 pixels.
- Make use of any of the drawing primitives learned in class in the past week: size, no/smooth, stroke, fill, point, line, rect, triangle, ellipse, quad, begin/endShape, arc, curve, mouseX, mouseY, image, etc.
- You will be judged on creativity and aesthetics; avoid art that looks too simplistic
- Your notebook is a way to document this experience; make sure that you include your name, and paragraphs described below
To give you some ideas, several sketches will be presented in class. Here are some additional ideas:
- Art that has cultural significance to you
- A self-portrait
- An avatar or a cartoon of someone
- Your favorite cartoon TV Show character (e.g. South Park), or design your own...
- A city scape
- Animal/object caricatures/study
- A Post Card Design
- A fabric pattern
- Stylize your name's initials...or a logo
- The Bryn Mawr Owl
- A Poster
- Imitation of existing design or art (check out Ndebele and other folk art designs, works of artists like: Kasimir Malevich, Robert Delauney, Piet Mondrian, Giorgio Morandi, etc.)
Make sure to follow the Code Formatting Standards in your implementation.
What to Hand in:
- Include in your notebook a paragraph about the sketch, its inspiration, and how you designed and implemented it.
- Include a brief discussion about your impressions on working on this assignment.
- You will submit your homework via a "Submit" button. Details to follow.